Friday, April 17, 2009

The Social Business Concept in Action-- Charity Auction

I'm participating in a small way...

All proceeds of this auction will go to Mom It Forward.

"The Secret is in the Sauce" is hosting this amazing event.
(Scroll almost all the way to the bottom to see my item in the auction. You can leave a comment there if you'd like to bid! It's not much, but I'm donating a custom-made hair bow of the winner's choice, and the Disney DVD, "101 Dalmations" ).

I was first introduced to the idea of social businesses by my brother-in-law last summer. I am very intrigued by this concept. "A social business aims to be financially self-sufficient, if not profitable, in its pursuit of a social, ethical or environmental goal." Basically, they are founded upon the theory of using financial, networking, and many other resources to empower other people for the good of humanity. Where profits are made, they are used to stimulate small businesses in needy places, from my understanding.

Here is a social business I'd like to introduce you to:
Yehu


PS- This is really bad timing, seeing as I'll probably have more traffic here than usual, but I just put my Etsy shop on vacation mode for a while. I'm sorry you won't be able to view the bows in my shop, but this blog will still be active, so check in periodically, and I'll let you know when my shop returns!
(There's this new law that is consuming my every thought, and it's really strict about lead levels. I feel it's my duty to make sure all my products are compliant with it before I am willing to sell anymore).
To the person who wins the custom hair bow- I'm buying some new supplies that are certified with all the new laws, so rest assured! We'll be in touch!

2 comments:

AP Mommy said...

Thanks for participation in this great charity! Your bows are adorable! I don't have a baby girl to put them on but I have lots of friends with little girls :)

Leslie said...

Just stopping by from SITS to thank you for donating something for the auction. It's people like you that make things like that so successful. May God bless you richly.